Days 1 Night Mt Nemrut & Sanliurfa & Gobeklitepe & Harran Tour from Istanbul
DAY 1 Istanbul - Adiyaman - Mt Nemrut
- Explore Mt Nemrut,a UNESCO World Heritage site in Adiyaman province of Southeastern Turkey, featuring the temple-tomb of the famous king Antiochus, which is considered one of the finest constructions of the Hellenistic period, built in the 1st century BC. and Sanliurfa, believed to be the birthplace of the prophet Abraham, and the site of one of the most important events in the Bible and the Quran. Gobeklitepe, one of the world's most important archeological sites. At 12,000 years old ; older than Stonehenge, which was built before the advent of writing or pottery and is believed to be the world's oldest temple and Harran with its mud-brick conic houses and an important stop on the Silk Road.
- Start the day with an early departure from your Istanbul hotel to catch a flight to Adiyaman On arrival you will be picked up from the airport and take a drive to UNESCO site Mt Nemrut. On the way take the chance to visit he Black Bird Burial Mound, known as ‘Karakus Tumulus’. You will pass the ancient Roman Bridge at Cendere, this Roman bridge was well built and today can still be used. The pair of castles, one old known as Arsemia and the new castle at Kahta.
- Following these ruins, you head to the summit of Mt Nemrut. Here you will explore the ancient ruins that are protected by being made a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you can see the Tomb of King Antiochus with dozens of statues surround his final resting place ıncluding the Greek Gods, reliefs depict history including one of the oldest known images of human shaking hands. From this high point, you will watch the sunset across the valleys slowly sinking below the horizon.
- After enjoying the stunning views at the sunset ,we return to Adıyaman. Overnight is in Adiyaman or Kahta.
- At the end of the tour , overnight at the hotel in Adiyaman or Kahta.
DAY 2 Gobeklitepe - Sanliurfa - Harran - Istanbul
Following the breakfast at the hotel ,we will drive to Harran where we will see the mud- brick beehive houses, where Abraham spent his last days as mentioned in the book of Genesis.Besides these conic houses , we will have a look at the ruins of the first Islamic university and the ruins of the fortress dating back to 8 th century AD.
- Our next stop is Sanliurfa city center, we will visit the cave of Abraham and the pools. This is a highly sacred site for Christians and Muslims, as it is thought to be where Abraham was thrown into the fire before God turned the fire to water and turned the burning logs to fish.Today you can see the fishes in the pool and feed them.
- Following the city center we will take a 15 min short drive to 12.000 years old Gobeklitepe . After being discovered by a group of German archeologists it has become the oldest human made structure in the world. And it changed the belief that this big size monuments were built after the hunter – gatherers settled down. But the period it was built shows that it was not like that. Some of authorities believe before everything, the religion appeared in the lives of human beings and Gobeklitepe is the first temple of the world. Some belive it was built for astronomic reasons to watch the sky and the universe. With more digging and new artifacts we will understand Gobeklitepe more.
- After the tour, you will be transfered to Sanliurfa airport and catch the flight back to Istanbul. On arrival in Istanbul, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Travel Tips
- In summer time this region is very hot , don’t forget to bring your hat and sunscreen. Wearing comfy shoes is recommended.
Itinerary of the tour
- Early pick up from your hotel in İstanbul and transfer to the airport
- Fly from İstanbul airport to Adiyaman airport
- Upon your arrival you will be met at the airport and drive to Mt Nemrut and start your fully guided tour
- Sanliurfa city center
- Abraham's Cave and pool
- Mt Nemrut
- Karakus Tumulus
- Cendere Bridge
- End of the tour transfer to Sanliurfa airport for your flight
- Transfer from airport to your hotel in Istanbul
- All transportation in A/C 'NO - SMOKING' vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to hotel
- Admission Fees
- Flight from / to Istanbul / Adıyaman /Sanliurfa
- Airport Transfers
- Personal Expenses
- Drinks at the lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Anything specified as included