2 Days 1 Night Sanliurfa & Gobeklitepe & Harran Tour from Istanbul
DAY 1 Istanbul - Sanliurfa - Gobeklitepe
- Explore Sanliurfa, believed to be the birthplace of the prophet Abraham, and the site of one of the most important events in the Bible and the Quran. Gobeklitepe, one of the world's most important archeological sites. At 12,000 years old ; older then Stonehenge, which was built before the advent of writing or pottery and is believed to be the world's oldest temple and Harran with its mud-brick conic houses and an important stop on the Silk Road.
- Start the day with an early departure from your Istanbul hotel to catch a flight to Sanliurfa. On arrival you will be picked up from the airport and take a short drive to UNESCO Wolrd Heritage site Gobeklitepe.Take a chance to visit this fascinating site which is causing archeeologists to rethink their vision of early human history.
- After a guided tour and photo opportunity at Gobeklitepe, we return to Sanliurfa city center, to visit the Archaeology and Mosaic Museum, where you can see magnificent replicas of the megaliths from Gobeklitepe.
- Our next stop is the cave of Abraham and the pools. This is a highly sacred site for Christians and Muslims, as it is thought to be where Abraham was thrown into the fire before God turned the fire to water and turned the burning logs to fish. Today you can see the fish in the pool and feed them
- At the end of the tour , overnight at the hotel in Sanliurfa.
DAY 2 Harran - Istanbul
- Following the breakfast at the hotel ,we will drive to Harran where we will see the mud- brick beehive houses, where Abraham spent his last days as mentioned in the book of Genesis.Besides these conic houses , we will have a look at the ruins of the first Islamic university and the ruins of the fortress dating back to 8 th century AD. We then make our way to the ancient civilisation and sacred grounds of Sogmatar which welcomed the prophet Moses. The Grand Mosque is a stunning look into the history of the oldest Mosque in the area.
- After the tour, you will be transfered to Sanliurfa airport and catch the flight back to Istanbul. On arrival in Istanbul, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Travel Tips
- In summer time this region is very hot , don’t forget to bring your hat and sunscreen. Wearing comfy shoes is recommeded.
Itinerary of the tour
- Early pick up from your hotel in İstanbul and transfer to the airport
- Fly from İstanbul airport to Sanliurfa airport
- Upon your arrival you will be met at the airport and take a short drive to the city center and start your fully guided tour
- Sanliurfa city center
- Abraham's Cave and pool
- Archeological And Mosaic Museum
- End of the tour transfer to Sanliurfa airport for your flight
- Transfer from airport to your hotel in Istanbul
- All transportation in A/C 'NO - SMOKING' vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to hotel
- Admission Fees
- Flight from / to Istanbul / Sanliurfa
- Airport Transfers
- Personal Expenses
- Drinks at the lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Anything specified as included