Daily Ephesus Tour
- Ephesus, once, the trade centre of the ancient world, a religious centre of the early Christianity is an important tourism centre in Turkey. It is located near the mouth of the Menderes River, in what is today West of Turkey, South of İzmir (Smyrna)
- As a strategic coastal gateway to the Eastern World, this Ionian refuge grew to be the second largest city in the Roman Empire, the site of a Christian shrine, and one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Legend has it that the Virgin Mary, accompanied by St. Paul, came to Ephesus at the end of her life, 37-45 AD. Renaissance church historians mentioned the trip, and it is said that local Christians venerated a small house near Ephesus as Mary's. In 1967 Pope Paul VI. visited the site, where a chapel now stands, and confirmed the authenticity of the legend. Also the Basilica of St. John is located near Ephesus. St. John is said to have lived the last years of his life here and after his death, a shrine was located over his grave.
- Ephesus , which is in UNESCO’s World Heritage List, is the best-preserved classical city on the Mediterranean, and perhaps the best place in the world to get the feeling for what life was like in Roman times
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Kusadasi / Selcuk in the morning to visit this wonderful city and feel the atmopshere of Hellenistic and Roman times.
- We start our tour visiting House of Virgin Mary where she may have spent the last days of her life and died. Indeed, she may have come in the area together with Saint John, who spent several years in the area to spread Christianity. Paul VI was the first pope to visit this place in the 1960's. Later, in the 1980's, during his visit, Pope John-Paul II declared the Shrine of Virgin Mary has a pilgrimage place for Christians. It is also visited by Muslims who recognize Mary as the mother of one of their prophets. Every year, on August 15th a ceremony is organized to commemorate Mary's Assumption
- Then we go on exploring Odeion, Goddess Rome temple, Hadrian temple, Divine Ceasar temple, Pollia and Trajan fountains, Celsius library, more than thousand year old public toilets, Ephesus Theatre, harbour street and many other highlights of town of Ephesus. Before visiting the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and which made the city earn the title Servant of The Goddess we have our lunch at a local restaurant At the end of the day you will be transfered back to your hotel in Kusadasi / Selcuk. Shuttle or private transfer to İzmir airport is also available.
- Travel Tips
- Summer season is hot and dry so we suggest you take your hat and sunscreen with you Winter season is rainy and wet so you should take your raincoats with you.
- This tour is a full day tour and departs everyday.
- Pick up from your hotel in Kusadasi
- Pick up from your hotel in Selcuk or bus station
- Depart for the full day Ephesus Tour
- Magnesia gate,
- The Odeon,
- Marble Street,
- Temple of Hadrian,
- The library of Celcus,
- the Fountain of Trajan,
- Curettes street,
- The Great Amphitheatre
- Full Lunch
- The home of Virgin Mary
- End of the tour transfer to your hotel / bus station / İzmir airport
- All transportation in A/C 'NO - SMOKING' vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to hotel
- Admission Fees
- Personal Expenses
- Drinks at the lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Anything specified as included
Itinerary of the tour
...or please manually send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.