Daily Pamukkale Tour From Kusadasi / Selcuk
- Pamukkale, meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli province in southwestern Turkey. The city contains hot springs and travertines, terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. Today the area is one of the foremost tourism resorts thanks to its Pamukkale travertines, accommodation facilities, thermal baths and natural and historical assets.
- To discover this amazing town and its hot springs you will meet your guide at the reception of your hotel in Selcuk / Kusadasi in the morning. and drive to Pamukkale which takes around three and a half hours.
- We start our tour by having our open buffet lunch at a local restaurant in Pamukkale. After the lunch our next step will be the ancient city of Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage site which differs from all other ancient cities in being located, not on earth or rock, but on solid limestone layers formed by limestone water that flowed for centuries over this raised level plateau. "Hierapolis" means "sacred city" and the city was given this name because of the large number of temples it had Today, the theatre, the Apollo temple and the Necropolis are the most important places to see in Hierapolis.
- During the tour you will see the Necropolis (Cemetery) of Hierapolis which is one of the biggest ancient cemeteries in Anatolia Roman Bath, Domitian Gate, and the Main Street, Byzantium Gate. Then, you will walk to the natural warm water terraces which were formed by running warm water that contains calcium. The temperature of the water is about 35 Celcius. You will have the chance to see the gleaming white travertine terraces of Pamukkale, located next to the ruins of Hierapolis. The extraordinary effect is created when water from the not springs loses carbon dioxide as it flows down the slopes, leaving deposits of limestone. The layers of white calcium carbonate, built up in steps on the plateau, gave the site the name Pamukkale (cotton castle) You will be given free time to swim in antique Cleopatra’s Pool ( OPTIONAL) At the end of the tour you will be dropped back to your hotel in Kuşadası / Selcuk.
- Travel Tips
- Please, do not forget to bring your swimwear. During your walk on travertines mind your steps to avoid injuries. Summer period is hot and dry so please take your hat and sunscreen with you.
- This tour is a full day tour and departs everyday.
- Pick up from your hotel in Kusadasi
- Pick up from your hotel in Selcuk and drive to Pamukkale
- Depart for fully guided Pamukkale tour
- Hierapolis ( Sacred City )
- Necropolis ( tumulus, sarcophagus and house-shaped tombs )
- Domitian Gate
- The Main Street
- Byzantium Gate
- Temple of Apollo
- Cleopatra’s Pool
- End of the tour transfer to your hotel / bus station / Denizli airport
- All transportation in A/C 'NO - SMOKING' vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to hotel
- Admission Fees to Hierapolis
- Personal Expenses
- Drinks at the lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Anything specified as included
Itinerary of the tour
...or please manually send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.