Pamukkale Day Tour from Istanbul
Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- You will be picked up from your hotel in İstanbul early morning to be transfered to the airport to catch your flight . The flight takes about an hour. Upon your arrival you will be met by your guide and vehicle and drive for about an hour to explore Pamukkale.
- Pamukkale, meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli province in southwestern Turkey. The city contains hot springs and travertines, terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. Today the area is one of the foremost tourism resorts thanks to its Pamukkale travertines, accommodation facilities, thermal baths and natural and historical assets.
- You will start your tour to explore the ancient city of Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage site which differs from all other ancient cities in being located, not on earth or rock, but on solid limestone layers formed by limestone water that flowed for centuries over this raised level plateau. "Hierapolis" means "sacred city" and the city was given this name because of the large number of temples it had Today, the theatre, the Apollo temple and the Necropolis are the most important places to see in Hierapolis.
- During the tour you will see the Necropolis (Cemetery) of Hierapolis which is one of the biggest ancient cemeteries in Anatolia Roman Bath, Domitian Gate, and the Main Street, Byzantium Gate. Then, you will walk to the natural warm water terraces which were formed by running warm water that contains calcium. The temperature of the water is about 35 Celcius. You will have the chance to see the gleaming white travertine terraces of Pamukkale, located next to the ruins of Hierapolis. The extraordinary effect is created when water from the not springs loses carbon dioxide as it flows down the slopes, leaving deposits of limestone. The layers of white calcium carbonate, built up in steps on the plateau, gave the site the name Pamukkale (cotton castle) You will be given free time to swim in antique Cleopatra’s Pool ( OPTIONAL) At the end of the tour you will be dropped back to your hotel in Kuşadası / Selcuk.
- Travel Tips
- Please, do not forget to bring your swimwear. During your walk on travertines mind your steps to avoid injuries. Summer period is hot and dry so please take your hat and sunscreen with you. For the flights online check – in is suggested.
- This tour is a full day tour and departs everyday.
Itinerary of the tour
- Early pick up from your hotel in İstanbul and transfer to the airport
- Fly from İstanbul airport to Denizli airport
- Upon your arrival you will be met at the airport and drive about an hour to Pamukkale and start your fully guided Pamukkale tour
- Hierapolis ( Sacred City )
- Necropolis ( tumulus, sarcophagus and house-shaped tombs )
- Domitian Gate
- The Main Street
- Byzantium Gate
- Temple of Apollo
- Cleopatra’s Pool
- End of the tour transfer to Denizli airport for your flight
- Transfer from airport to your hotel in Istanbul
- All transportation in A/C 'NO - SMOKING' vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to hotel
- Admission Fees to Hierapolis
- Flight from / to Istanbul / Denizli
- Airport Transfers
- Personal Expenses
- Drinks at the lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Anything specified as included